Now that Christmas is over and the number of the Dear Santa Trays have gone down, I knew I needed to find another way to utilize these boards again because I loved making them! So, I searched on Pinterest for some ideas and came up with these wooden boards. I also thought these would make a thoughtful and unique gift all year long!
- Wooden trays (these are similar to the ones we have)
- Paint (this is the one I used)
- Stain (this is the one I used)
- Cutting machine (this is the one I have)
- Heat transfer vinyl (I love using Siser)
- Sealer (this is the one I used)
- SVG design (I used this one & customized)
- Iron (this is what I use)
First, you’ll want to paint, stain and seal (one coat) your wooden trays and let dry at least 24 hours before applying your heat transfer vinyl. Use and customize your design and cut on your cutting machine using HTV (don’t forget to mirror!). Weed and apply your HTV using heat. Finish sealing the wooden trays with a couple of additional coats and let dry completely.
I love how easy this project was and how it can be such a thoughtful idea for a wedding or anniversary gift! If you don’t have the time to make this wooden tray yourself, click here to order one.